LOGIN TO SMARTHUB TO REPORT POWER OUTAGES
Follow the prompts in SmartHub for outage reporting. The information will automatically be sent and a crew will be dispatched.
CALL 800-551-4951 TO REPORT POWER OUTAGES
Calling this number will direct you to CRC, our 24 hour a day answering service. CRC will provide you with important outage information.
KPC needs your help in keeping our member information current. Current member information is invaluable during a power outage or other emergency. If you need to update your phone number or email address, please contact us. KPC only uses your information for cooperative business.
WHAT TO DO DURING AN OUTAGE
- Check your fuses or circuit breakers to ensure the problem is not within your system.
- Check your meter:
- Check with your neighbors to see if their power is off.
- Unplug sensitive electronic equipment such as televisions and computers.
- Unplug refrigerators, freezers and other major appliances.
- Refrigerators will keep food cold for about four hours if unopened.
- A full freezer will keep it's temperature for about 48 hours, or 24 hours if it is only half full if the door remains closed.
- Leave a light on so that you know when the power is restored.
NEVER GO NEAR A DOWNED POWER LINE
The line may still be energized and is very dangerous.
Don't touch anything that may be touching a downed wire, such as a car.
Keep children and pets away.
Call Kandiyohi Power Cooperative at 800-551-4951 to report downed power lines.
VEHICLE ACCIDENTS AND UTILITY POLES
If you encounter a vehicle accident involving a utility pole or power lines:
- Call 911
- Don't touch any passenger who may be in contact with a power line.
- Don't touch anything that's in contact with the vehicle.
- Don't attempt to move power lines or utility poles.
- If passengers must exit the vehicle, jump clear of it without touching the vehicle and ground at the same time. Land with both feet together and shuffle away.