In June 2014, Kandiyohi Power Cooperative started a 10 year lighting replacement program to change out approximately 2,200 of the Cooperative owned, member leased Mercury Vapor (MV) and High Pressure Sodium (HPS) security lights with LED lights.
Federal legislation prohibits the installation of new Mercury Vapor fixtures or the repair of failed fixtures. With this and energy savings in mind, we decided to move forward with this program.
- Kandiyohi Power installs and maintains a 43 watt LED Light. All new installations will utilize this LED technology.
- One Time Installation Fee: $190.00
- The following charges appear on your electric bill monthly
- LED Yard Light METERED: $6.25/month
- LED Yard Light UNMETERED: $14.10/month